Don't be fooled by small immitations. Fruper sells the large version of the Swedish Firesteel which measures in at nearly 4 inches.
Dimensions: 3.94 in x 0.31 in x 0.31 in
Weight: 1.62 oz
Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, Swedish FireSteel is a flash of genius. Its nearly 3,000°C spark makes fire building easy in any weather, at any altitude. Used by a number of armies around the world, Swedish FireSteel's dependability has already made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen and campers. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a fool-proof way to light stoves and gas-barbecues. Amazingly enough it also works equally well when wet.
A metal blade is slowly moved across the Firesteel, generating sparks that can easily be thrown onto a small pile of dry grass, leaves or paper to start a fire. When the fire is becoming established, thin sticks of wood can be added, gradually increasing to thicker ones.
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues
- Uses a magnesium alloy that consists of 7 metals
- Lasts for approximately 12,000 strikes
- Produces a spark temperature close to 3,000°C (5,500°F)
- Bright spark – can be used as emergency signal
- Functions in rain and snow
- Dimensions: main component is approx. 3.75" long
- Weight: approx. 1.9 ounces